Basara temple is situated 200km from the Hyderabad city. The temple, also known as Sri Gnana Saraswathi temple is located on the banks of River Godavari. This is the only temple in South India that is dedicated to the Goddess of Learning, Saraswati. Here, people come and learn the importance of giving education to the boys in the Saraswati Temple. There are so many interesting facts about temples in South India. Children show their presence in the temple for the ceremony of the starting of their education and seek blessings from the Goddess of knowledge. In fact, a huge number of devotees from all over the country bath in the river Godavari and take blessings of the Goddess during Dassera Navratris, Vasantha Panchami, and Mahashivarathri. Yadagirigutta temple in Hyderabad is also one of the unique temples, you can visit Yadagirigutta temple, now let’s continue with this information.
If you want to donate something, please scan the below code. We will use this money for the welfare of children in a rural area and in their education. Humanity comes before God. You will receive a receipt after the payment.
Basara Temple Timings
- Opening time of the temple is 4:00 am in the morning and from 4:00 am to 4:30 am you can get involved in the temple pooja, issuance of Abhishekam tickets.
- From 4:30 am to 7:30 am, different activities take place that includes Abhishekam, Alankarana, Harathi, and Prasadam.
- Then, from 7:30 am to 12:00 noon, Archana, Sarva Drashan, and other poojas are offered.
- After then, you can be a part of Nivedana and Harathi that starts from 12:00 and continues till 12:13 pm only.
- The temple remains closed from 12:30 pm to 2:00 pm.
- Again, archanas, sarva darshan, and other poojas are offered from 2:00 pm to 6:30 pm.
- Devasthanam Pradosha pooja starts from 6:30 pm and continues up to 7:00 pm.
- Devotes can now, go for Maha Harathi and Drashanam that starts from 7:00 pm and continues up to 8:30 pm.
- 8:30 pm is the closing time of the temple.
Basara Temple Aksharabhyasam Timings
Aksharabhyasam is performed regularly at the temple and you don’t have to make an advance booking for the same. After reaching there, one can purchase the ticket over the counter for the event of the same day. Aksharabhyasam is performed from 7:30 am to 12:30 in the morning and from 2:00 pm to 6:00 pm in the evening.
Normal charges are Rs.100 but you need to Rs.1000 for the special Akshara Sreekaram. The difference between both the charges is Rs.100 ticket Aksharabhyasam will be performed in the hall, whereas the 1000 one will be performed in front of Sri Gnana Saraswathi Ma. Make sure you carry 2 flowers garlands, 1 book, 1 pen, 4 slate, 2/3 slate pencil, 2 bowls rice, 1 coconut, and 1 pack of pasupu and kumkuma each.
How to reach Basara Temple?
Reaching the temple is no pain if you know exactly how to reach the place.
- The nearest airport is Rajiv Gandhi International Airport, Hyderabad, which is 259km away from the temple.
- The nearest railway station is at Basara that is just 2km far from the temple and at Nizamabad, which is only 30km away.
- Frequent bus services are available from MGBS Hyderabad.