Best Telescope to buy in India
Are you looking for the best telescope in India? We will give you all the reviews and ratings of telescopes available in the market.
So, raise your hand if you also love to just lie down under the sky full of stars and have a keen interest in stargazing. Well, if yes, then I have the perfect gift for you. A telescope that will only belong to you and you can see those stars far away more closely.
Also read: Best drone Cameras in India
No matter you want to jump-start into this new world or you want it to study stars and planets, you need to make the right choice.
Make sure you already know what basic points you need to keep in mind while buying a telescope, in order to not to get fooled by any telescope seller.
But how will you make a decision? Do not think about that and just continue reading our piece and grab all important information regarding same along with the best telescope to buy in India.
Also read: Top 10 Cycles in India
Best Telescope to see planets price in India
Since you’re now aware of factors to be considered while you’re involved in the buying process, here’s the list of top telescopes to buy in India. Check them out.
We’ll be starting out with your top recommendation, which is really portable, compact, and rich in features.
And when you get to learn about this mind-blowing scope, you’ll realize that the product is no less than amazing.
- Let’s head towards the very first feature that makes this product much lovable. Once you start learning more about astronomy, you’ll soon realize that area with more light can ruin your viewing experience, thus you need to move to remote areas without a lot of light. So, what’s the connection of the point with the telescope? Celestron NexStar is really light in weight and small, so you can take it out while traveling.
- Though it is one of the most expensive telescopes out there on the market but is least pricey amongst the NexStar series that add value to your product and helps you see those far away planets with great ease.
- If you’re not comfortable with manually pointing out those celestial objects, then this Celestron product is definitely the one for you. This computerized telescope is the answer to all your worries as it comes with a database of around 40,000 objects. What else do you need?
- Talking about the optics of NexStar, you’ll see StarBright XLT high transmission coating that makes your viewing experience even more interesting.
- Do a Google search and look out for images provided by people using this bad boy and we are sure you’ll love it even more and want to capture celestial objects.
Con: First of all, those who’re looking for a budget product cannot enjoy the benefits of this telescope.
Second, though it’s not actually a con, you have to buy some extra accessories like rechargeable AA batteries, filter, eyepieces, and an adapter if you wish to enjoy the next level experience.
Are you looking for your first telescope? Have you just begun exploring the astronomy world? If yes, then this one is surely for you. Experienced ones should not consider as the right product for them.
Also, if you want a scope that can be used both for terrestrial and celestial viewing, you can consider this Celestron model.
- Starting out with the optics of this telescope, it is actually pretty impressive. Not only you can have a great view of planets, moons of Jupiter, or rings of Saturn, but this reflector telescope comes with a wide aperture allows you to see those deep space objects. Also, the product is quite cost-effective than the first one, thus it can be a good bet.
- Though the company has cut down the corners of the mount and tripod with this model, that doesn’t really matter. You just focus on the ultimate quality of optics.
- What if you get a product that not only meets your requirements but also looks aesthetically pleasing? Yeah, this beauty has a professional-looking shape and amazing color combination make it one of the beautiful telescopes on the market.
Con: What we feel the telescope can make improvements in is the mount and tripod, which are a bit unstable and shaky. Though the product is a good pick for the beginners, still it will take some time to learn how to use the Celestron 130 EQ Telescope.
Here comes yet another Celestron model, a budget product for all the beginners out there.
The telescope can be the ideal pick for those who’re planning to move to an amazing observation point.
All in all, the telescope is an excellent pick for travelers and beginners to use at home, using the product is a breeze, is portable, and comes with its own rucksack and weighs just 3lbs.
- This Celestron travel scope is one such product that comes with 70mm refractive aperture attached to 70mm of focal length with the magnification of around 165x.
- The telescope is just perfect for all the travel buffs as they can carry it on their trips and to the closest observation point with great ease.
- The brand is one of the most renowned ones and provides telescopes that can fit into different budgets. And this travel scope can be one of the nicest investments that will never disappoint you.
Con: The tripod is really light in weight and you need to look for a table or a flat surface. The model is not the best choice to take on an observation point and might have to buy another tripod for the same.
What if we say that we have a telescope in our list that comes with fantastic software to help you learn more about the celestial bodies? Yes, this Meade product is something that can be the ideal pick for your kid, for the beginners, and even for the family.
- The telescope comes with three 1.25” eyepieces that allow you to magnify the pictures to a phenomenal level.
- The best part about the telescope is that it comes with a solid tripod that can stand stable on almost every type of surface. Also, you’ll be provided an accessory tray so that you can easily keep your eyepieces and other small equipment at one place.
- The reason how this telescope gives you an opportunity to see those outstanding images is its 50mm lens diameter, 60mm focal length, and f/12.
- The model can be easily put in the position. Give only 10 minutes for the setup and you can begin tracking stars.
- Since a maximum number of components of this telescope are made of plastic, thus it is light in weight and you can take it from one observation point to the other quite easily.
- Being one of the best refractive telescope on the market and affordable price-wise, you can expect bright, clear, and fabulous pictures.
Con: Well, with almost every refracting telescope, you’ll find a purple or blue halo around the objects you’re seeing and mainly it happens with the bright objects. Same goes with this model as well.
Also, the product is a bit fragile because of its plastic body.
If you have a budget of less than 10000 and also you want a quality product, this Celestron model can be taken into consideration.
The telescope is just so incredible in terms of setting up as well as use and can also be used by those having no experience with the usage of telescopes.
- The Celestron powerSeeker is quite similar to the point-and-shoot camera that requires little or no knowledge of optical instruments. Also, you don’t have to indulge much in the set-up process and you can carry it around places with no tools needed, thus making it the best product for utter beginners.
- The telescope is small in size and light in weight, in fact, the lightest one that can you easily out into your backpack. The best companion to the mountains.
- This model is really cheap and ideal for terrestrial viewing. Also, since the telescope can provide you with mind-blowing and clear images, it makes the AZ 50 Refractor telescope of the amazing Celestron products for terrestrial viewing in this range.
Con: If you already have experience with the telescopes and their mechanism, you’ll get easily get bored with this one. The product can be a good bet only for those who want to get into the basics of a telescope.
So, this was everything you need to know before buying the best telescope in India. Just ponder upon the tips and basics discussed above and the selection process won’t look like climbing Mt. Everest.
Properties of Telescope
Another thing you cannot or we should say shouldn’t neglect while buying a telescope. You need to understand there are 4 basic things that can help you buy the best telescope available in the country. Just remember 4 simple pointers and you can make the best decision.
Starting out the most important feature of a telescope, aperture shows the lens or mirror’s diameter of your telescope. The reason why this feature is considered the most important as it is the deciding factor to see exactly how much you can see with your telescope.
Huge the aperture and your telescope will allow more light to enter in and will give you better quality images. Even though you don’t have a big budget, try to have the biggest aperture you can purchase as it decides the quality of your pictures.
The Focal Length
Second is the focal length of your telescope that shows the total distance of telescope’s focal point to the lens or mirror.
This feature doesn’t hold much importance like the aperture do, but you should not miss considering it. The bigger the focal length of the telescope is, the bigger your object will look.
Well, technically you should always go with the model that has a bigger focal length and bigger aperture, but in any case, you need to make a decision between the both, keep the bigger aperture as a priority.
Every telescope has this quality of magnifying the objects in the night sky. But how will you decide the level of magnification? It is determined by the eyepiece and focal length.
There’s no point of high magnification unless you cannot get a quality image.
The Electronic Control
Gone are the days when you had to manually operate all the telescopes. Now, with the growth in advancement and technology, but it is now possible with today’s electronic telescopes.
These scopes come with a built-in computer to help you find specific objects in the sky.
Although not everyone does need this kind of telescope, if you want to try your hands in astrophotography or want to follow the moving objects, an electronic telescope can be the ideal choice.
Also read: Shooting stars in Kuari Pass trek.
Things to consider while buying a Telescope
In order to fulfill your objectives or we should say to know which particular product will be the ideal fit for your needs, you have to take a few crucial parameters into consideration.
Also read: Best Emergency Lights
So, make sure you make notes of these pointers in your mind to get the best telescope in India.
- First of all, you need to make yourself clear whether you want a telescope for astronomical viewing that means you need to look at the heavenly bodies and night sky, or you want it for terrestrial viewing that means you want to gaze at the distant objects on the Earth. Do not try to act smart by looking for a telescope that can meet both your needs.
- Second, you need to check out the aperture of your telescope. If you want to see a clearer image, make sure your tool has a bigger aperture so that more light can come into your telescope. But despite that, if you want to go for a larger aperture, the size of your telescope will also increase.
- The third factor you have to consider is the magnification. However, it is not technically something you should we really worried about because the magnification is decided by the eyepiece and even if it doesn’t suit you, you can get another eyepiece with higher magnification for your telescope.
- Fourth is the kind of telescope you want for yourself. Well, the most common type of telescope is the refracting one that uses a lens. There there’s reflecting telescope that uses a mirror, and then there’s Cassegrain telescope that makes use of both lens and mirror and is considered the advanced version of telescopes.
So, these were some of the vital points you should remember while buying a telescope. And now, when you have a rough idea about the same, continue reading and pick one out of these best telescopes in India.