Srisailam Temple Timings and Details
Srisailam temple, lying in the mesmerizing surroundings of Nallamalai hills, right to the Krishna River in Kurnool, Andhra Pradesh is the abode of Shiva and Shakti.
The temple is devoted to God Mallikarjuna Swamy, one of the 12 Jyothirlingas and Goddess Bhrmarambha Devi, one of 18 mahashaktis. And what makes this temple so unique is the presence of Jyothirlingam and Mahaskati in one complex.
Also read: Basara temple timings
Also, according to Hindu Mythology, the temple is also known as the “Kailasa on the Earth”.
And besides the mythological and historical significance of the temple, you’ll be spellbound by the art, architecture, iconography, chronological events, and sculpture of the temple.
And now, when you have a rough idea about the temple, let’s see when you can visit this holy place in order to know more and offer your gratitude.
Also read: Skandagiri temple timings
Srisailam Temple Timings
Here’s what you need to know about the timings of the Srisailam Temple.
Daily Pooja and Darshans
- Mangalavadyams starts from 4:30 in the morning to 5:00 am.
- Suprabhatam is the next thing performed from 5:00 am to 5:15 am.
- Govu Pooja and Maha Mangala Harathi then take place from 5:15 am to 6:30 am.
- Abhishekam and Archana are performed from 6:30 am to 1:00 pm.
- Alankara Darshan is next in the line performed from 1:00 pm to 3:30 pm.
- Then Mangalavadyams are again done from 4:30 pm to 4:50 pm.
- Susandhyam and Maha Mangla Harathi are performed from 5:20 pm to 6:00 pm.
- Rajopachara Pooja to Bhramarambha Devi is done from 5:50 pm to 6:20 pm.
- Abhishekam and Archana are again performed from 6:20 pm to 9:00 pm.
- One can get indulged in Sarva Darshan from 9:00 pm to 10:00 pm.
- Ekantha Seva is the last thing to be performed in the temple that starts at 9:30 pm till 10:00 pm.
- 10:00 pm is the temple closing time.
Must read: Bhadrachalam temple timings
Darshan Types and Timings
- Quick Darshan: This one starts from 6:30 am till 1:00 pm and then again from 6:30 pm to 9:00 pm. For a quick darshan, the person or couple needs to pay Rs.100 as the ticket price.
- Special Darshan Queue Line: The timings for the darshan remain the same as of Quick Darshan, but here you’ll have to pay Rs.50 as the ticket price.
- Free Darshan: This type requires no ticket and you can pay your gratitude towards your deity by standing in the general queue.
Also read: Yadagirigutta temple timings
Temple Timings on Monday
There are a few specific timings that apply on all Mondays only.
- Suprabhatam: From 4:00 am to 5:00 am
- Maha Mangala Harathi: From 5:00 am to 5:30 am
- Darshan, Abhishekam, and Archanas: From 5:30 am to 1:00 pm
These are some of the monthly festivals celebrated in the temple and if possible, you must experience any of these.
Mahasivaratri, Pournami, Moola Nakshatram, Arudra Nakshatram, Sravana Nakshatram, Bahula Chavithi Pooja, Suddha Chavithi Pooja, Kruthika Nakshatram.
How to Reach Srisailam Temple
In order to reach your final destination, you need to know what mode of transportation and which way will suit you the best. And there are three easy ways you can reach Srisailam Temple. See how.
- Air: If you want to take this route then the nearest airport is Hyderabad and from there you can take a bus to Srisailam that runs frequently from there.
- Rail: If the railway is what you’re taking to reach Srisailam then Markapur is 91km from your destination, line of South Central Railway. From there you can take a bus to Srisailam.
- Road: You’ll be glad to know that the temple is very well connected by A.P.S.R.T.C buses. You cannot only enjoy the services from all the parts of the state but from cities like Chennai and Bangalore as well. KRTC also runs buses to Srisailam from different major cities of that state.