Indonesia, also known as the “Island of the Gods” is a tropical paradise for nature lovers. Fact check: it is the eighth-most instagrammable place in the world. Everything that you can imagine in a tropical postcard is cliche to Bali and it is truly worth the hype.
One moment you will be in a river valley, the next moment you could be by the white beaches, the very next moment you will find yourself amidst a jungle.
Bali has all the natural offerings that one could wish for in an island – from serene beauty to safari to cocktail nights – EVERYTHING.
One thing that could be a concern for you while making your itinerary for Bali is where to stay. If you really want to enjoy Bali in its fullest glory with the best views, we are going to make the task easy for you.
Best Hotels In Bali
In this article, we will share with you the best hotels in Bali and also our personal favorites.
1. The Edge, Uluwatu
- Location: The Edge villa resort is located on the edge of a 530ft limestone sea cliff in Uluwatu, Bali. It is a 45-minutes drive from Ngurah Rai International Airport. The Edge is a unique luxury villa that provides you with a spectacular view of the Indian Ocean.
- Ambiance: It is a 5-star villa which offers you luxurious amenities such as private pools, home entertainment systems, fitness center, and an infinity pool. The spa here is world-class and this villa also offers you 2 private pools, spacious villas that come with state of the art private home theater. They have a well-equipped kitchen, wine cellar, and a cigar lounge. You can also lounge by in the gardens of the villa or even in the private sundeck while enjoying the sunset.
- Facilities: The clifftop bar gives you an extensive beverage selection as well as our dining facility catering to a fine selection of Western and Asian cuisine. With dedicated hospitality, premium quality food & beverage, a breathtaking spa, and truly opulent villas and facilities set amongst lush tropical gardens, The Edge gives you the perfect vibe to indulge in a dreamy honeymoon or enjoy a private romantic space. Having said that, it’s a haven for solo travelers too!
Here is the Official Website: Theedgebali.com
2. Hanging Gardens of Bali, Payangan
- Location: Hanging Gardens of Bali is a luxurious 5-star resort located securely in the heart of the jungle, in Payangan in Ubud. Overlooking the Ayung River and ancient Dalem Segara temple, the award-wining resort stands on the edge of a stunning valley, surrounded by lush rain forests and picturesque rice terraces.
- Facilities: It is popularly known for its main pool, which sits dramatically over jungle treetops and offers gorgeous vistas of the gorge below. With a secluded location about 30 minutes from Ubud, the hotel offers a rainforest getaway along with a luxurious spa and dining options that range from an on-site restaurant, bar, and cafe, to romantic private dining experiences.
- Ambiance: Its 44 suites and private villas offer panoramic views as well as private pools and terraces. The jungle setting means that various critters are to be expected, which might be an issue for some, and travelers should also be prepared for pricey dining.
Fact Check: In 2014, TripAdvisor and Conde Nast Traveller named their pool as the World’s Best Pool and number 1 honeymoon destination in Bali by Conde Nast Traveller. In 2015 Hanging Gardens of Bali was awarded the following awards: World Luxury Hotels Awards, Seven Star Global Luxury Awards and World Travel Awards as well as other prestigious recognitions, such as the World Luxury Spa Awards and the World Luxury Restaurant Awards.
Here is the official website: Hanginggardensofbali.com
3. Amankila, Manggis
- Location: Located against the beautiful Mount Agung, Amankila which means peaceful hill is an isolated seaside resort, which overlooks the Lombok Strait. It provides you with spacious villas that come with exceptional views of the hillside, canopied in frangipani and bougainvilleas all around.
- Ambiance: There are raised walkways that connect to all the main facilities of the resort. Tourists can come and relax by the three-tier pool or by the Beach Club. Amankila also offers easy access to the untouched rural countryside, local crafts, and the region’s royal past. The main building is made of blonde stone and has Corinthian columns and canopies of pink bougainvillea. It overlooks the black sand of the beach and exudes the charming Balinese tradition.
- Facilities: Taking center stage is a spectacular three-tiered swimming pool, which steps down the hillside echoing Bali’s cascading rice fields. Wind your way downhill from here and you’ll find a fourth fabulous pool at ground level, as well as a stunning sweep of volcanic beach. There’s no spa but a few treatments, which incorporate local ingredients and techniques, can be taken in your room. The concierge team is brilliant, organizing everything from flight changes to day-long diving expeditions in the blink of an eye.
Did You Know: Architect Ed Tuttle was inspired by Ujung Water Palace and the property’s graceful buildings are connected by frangipani-lined walkways through the treetops.
Here is the official website: Amankila
4. COMO Shambhala Estate, Ubud
- Location: COMO Shambhala Estate is a 15 minutes drive from UBUD’s main city. It is a 1.5 hours driveway from Ngurah Rai Airport. COMO Shambhala is located in seclusion in a little village named Begawan. The resort is surrounded by greenery on all sides and you are also provided with airport shuttle service at a charge.
- Facilities: The resort offers a large outdoor pool, spa, and free Wi-Fi throughout. There are a total of five residences which houses 30 suites each having their own pool. There are also stand-alone villas that have private pools, and one-bedroom Retreat Villas have their own treatment rooms. Each room features wooden furniture set against a backdrop of greenery. Guests can relax on the outdoor terrace, which offers a seating area or daybed. The bathroom is semi-outdoors.
- Ayurvedic Features: In this resort there is a wide range of spas and wellness facilities which includes 4 treatment pavilions, 9 treatment rooms, a yoga studio, saunas, steam rooms, and several outdoor pools. An extensive list of treatments includes a variety of massages, facials, body wraps, mud treatments, and Ayurvedic therapy, and the resort benefits from a team of resident experts and consultants, including a dietitian, Ayurvedic doctor, yoga and Pilates instructors, and martial arts teachers.
Further info: There are two on-site restaurants(Kudos House and Glow), which focuses mainly on raw food, organic products and locally grown ingredients. Kudus House serves Indonesian fare, and Glow, an all-day restaurant, serves local organic dishes.
Here is the official Website: Comohotels
5. Banyan Tree Ungasan, Uluwatu
- Location: This luxurious beach hotel is perched on the cliffs of Bali’s southernmost peninsula providing a panoramic view of the Indian Ocean. The International Airport is approximately 12 kms away. It is at a distance of 80 metres from Melasti beach on the southern tip of Bali. The guests get to enjoy the dedicated beach area, private sun-beds, bottled water and towels will be provided by the beach team, from 9am to 6pm daily. Close to the famed Uluwatu Temple, this luxury all-pool villa resort in Bali will help you escape and recuperate from hectic everyday life.
- Villas: Leading to the villas are stone slabs that seem to float on ponds, amongst the lotus flowers. Secluded in a walled private garden, each villa has indoor and outdoor living space, marble bathroom with sunken baths, and the balé (outdoor pavilion). The dark wood furnishings and eclectic Balinese ornaments give interiors a sleek and modern tone. From the bedroom, sliding glass panels open directly onto the private infinity pool, generously sized and often perched on the cliff-edge, with a view over the sea.
- Dining: Dining takes center stage at Banyan Tree Ungasan, with a range of restaurants and bars. The Bambu serves delicious breakfast, lunch, and dinner. Tamarind offers the “healthy” and light meals, in a peaceful atmosphere of the Spa. For seafood visit Jumana, which means “black pearl” in Arabic, a place with breathtaking ocean views, along with having a Moroccan-themed restaurant in Bali.
Floating Breakfast: On one of the mornings do try the floating breakfast here. A staff member will bring you a fully-loaded tray to your villa. The spread will include eggs, sausages, grilled tomatoes, hash brown, breads, pastries, sliced fruit, fresh fruit juice, tea and coffee; along with a few rose petals for the finishing touch.
Here is the official Website: BanyanTree
6. W Bali, Seminyak
- Location: W Bali is at a distance of 500m from the main road of Jalan Petitenget Kerobokan, which is towards the northern end of Seminyak. It is one of the most sophisticated tourist regions of Southern Bali. It faces the beach along the invisible border between Seminyak and Batu Belig. From the airport you can take a metered taxi which will take you about 40 minutes.
- Amenities: The main pool is multi-tiered and massive enough to feature a ‘beach’, ‘waterfalls’, and ‘islands’ of palm trees. It’s even given a name: Wet, which also offers a splash area for the young ones. The Away Spa is ultra-modern and is open 24 hours. There is a range of super-indulgent packages with names like ‘Serene & Soulful’ and ‘Glamour & Glitz’. Next to the spa is an aptly named fitness area called Fit, and features all the latest gear.
- Rooms: There are a total of 141 hotel suites in W Bali, which includes the Garden View Retreat suites for standard offering, and the premium Sea View Retreat suites. While the communal areas of the hotel have been designed to spark energy, the suites offer plush spaces in which to rest: the comfy L-shaped couch, the large bathtub, king-size bed, and private patio.
Value For Money: Double rooms begin from IDR4,400,000 in low season; and from IDR,700,000 which includes high breakfast with free Wi-Fi. It also includes complimentary access to the fitness centre, Hot Stone Bath and Cold Plunge Pool at the spa.
Here is the official Website: W Bali
7. St Regis Bali Resort, Nusa Dua
- Location: St Regis Bali Resort in Nusa Dua is located at a distance of 20 minutes from Ngurah Rai airport. The hotel takes up arrangements of the guests traveling from the airport to the resort in air-conditioned Mercs which comes with WiFi. The accommodation includes Suites, Villas, the Grande Astor Presidential Suite, and the Strand Residence, and in addition to airport transfers, all these room types include Internet and butler service.
- Rooms: The deluxe rooms consist of one or two-bedroom villas while the entry-level suites are also enormous, which also have their own private pools. Expect all the technology of course with big televisions, sound systems, and the full gamut of toiletries in the bathroom. The top penthouse suite is in the main building, with its grand piano and air of royal Saudi quarters, but it tends to feel nicer lower down, nearer the sea.
- Services: The icing on the cake is the 24 hours butler service. Remède Spa is its own little world of wellness, with steam rooms and sauna and a clever outdoor thalassotherapy circuit comprised of different jet stations. You can enjoy your cocktails while enjoying live music in the King Cole Bar. The Sunday brunch in Boneka is a Balinese extravagant treat.
Value For Money: The deluxe rooms starts from US$455 while the entry level suites are from US$888 and could go up to US$1000. This will include breakfast for two persons and free WiFi.
Here is the official website: Marriott Bali
8. Four Seasons Resort Bali, Sayan
- Location: Four Seasons Resort Bali at Sayan is a 10-minute drive from Ubud Palace and Ubud Art Market, while Monkey Forest is a 15-minute drive away. It takes 90 minutes by car to reach the resort from Ngurah Rai International Airport. It is surrounded by green lush, pink frangipani trees, ruby-colored bougainvilleas and a small wheat field at a distance. There are also rice paddies and ornately carved Hindu temples closeby.
- Rooms and Services: There are a total of 60 spacious suites and villas, each of which comes with a view of the lustful rice terraces and the tropical forests. The interior is decorated with Balinese craftsmanship. You will notice the teakwood ceiling and carved out wooden headboards. Along with that, there are daily complimentary activities such as yoga, village walks, cycle rides, and Balinese folk dance in the evening. In the morning you can also go for a chill time in the infinity pool and enjoy a luxurious spa in the Sacred River spa.
- Food & Beverage: There are two restaurants in this resort: Ayung Terrace and Riverside Cafe. While Ayung provides for authentic Indonesian cuisines, Riverside is a Mediterranean influenced space along with the swimming pool. The breakfast layout is extraordinary to say the least: cheese, fresh fruits, pastries, pancakes, and local Indonesian specials – you have it all.
Pricing: The double rooms come for $540, which does not include breakfast. If you pay an additional $56, you can have the breakfast and enjoy complimentary fitness and cultural activities.
Here is the Official Website: Four Seasons Bali
*This content is entirely and originally created by Ashutosh and Dhrishni for Route Prints. The copyright is primarily owned by the website. If you have any questions or feedback feel free to drop by in the comments section below. Happy Traveling!